Security - a self-locking shutter over the lid opening prevents access to the medication tray except at the alarm time. This prevents the possibility of double dosing or the forced movement of the medication tray by the user. Display - the LCD display is visible though the lid. Start Delay and Stop functions - Delays activation or deactivates dispenser - useful for those using multiple dispensers and to allow pharmacists or family members to fill in advance away from home. Upside-down - the tray will not rotate if upside down. When upright it will move to the correct dose for the time & date at the next alarm time. This also allows for the possibility that the dispenser could be transported upside down. If a dosage time occurs when the dispenser is upside down it will alarm as usual but the tray will not move forward. If the dispenser is upside down for some time the dispenser will record on how many occasions it should have rotated and when returned to the upright position will move to the correct position for the next scheduled dose so that the correct medication for that time will be presented.
The Administration Centre The dispenser is programmed online using the Pivotell Administration Centre. The Administration Centre provides reports on the user's Medication Compliance, for example, it records the actual times when medication has been dispensed and when warning messages such as 'Dose not taken' have been sent. The full communications history between the device and the Administration Centre can be monitored. The SIM card • Supplied with a SIM card with £5 credit. Main Features The Pivotell® Advance GSM dispenser has many advanced features including: • Security - a self-locking shutter over the lid opening prevents access to the medication tray except at the time that medication is programmed to be available. This prevents the possibility of double dosing or the forced movement of the medication tray by the user .
• Display - the LCD display will be visible though the lid allowing the user and carer to view: the date and time, the time that the next dose is due, the number of doses remaining, the battery level
• Batteries - It will be possible to use both Alkaline AA and re-chargeable batteries.
• Upside Down - if a dosage time occurs when the dispenser is upside down it will alarm as normal but the tray will not move forward. Then when it is returned upright it will move to the correct position for that time of day.
• Daily Alarm Times - 1-24.
• Compartments - 28.
• Two or more compartments can be programmed to alarm at the same time (for those with many or large pills).
• Start delay function - delays activation to allow pharmacists or family members to easily fill in advance away from the user's home.
• Stop function - deactivates dispenser - useful for those using multiple dispensers in the home.
• A Pharmacy label carrier and label case is supplied (to comply with Royal Pharmacy Society of Great Britain labelling requirements) .
• Day / time discs supplied (for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 times daily dosage and one blank disc for five or more doses per day).
• Battery life - 12 months .
• Battery level meter and warning indicator .
• Secure battery case cover to deter tampering (screw provided)
• Spare trays, lids and time discs available for off-site filling by family members or pharmacists.
• Four different alarm sounds. • Flashing light for those with hearing impairment .
• Lockable - only the medication due can be accessed by the user .
• Can be Telecare enabled (e.g. Lifeline / Carephone / Sayphone systems) with Alarm Response Centre response. For this function the dispenser must be purchased from your Telecare provider.
The LCD Screen
The LCD display feature is of particular benefit to carers / family members who can make a visual check on the status of the dispenser without having to open it, allowing the user and carer to view: • the date and time • the time that the next dose is due • number of doses remaining • the battery level When horizontal the display will show the Date and the Time in sequence. At the Alarm Time the display will show 'Take Med'. When tilted forward the display will show in sequence (dates and times etc shown here are examples): • NEXT DOSE 16:30 MON || DOSES LEFT 9 || B (battery level) 75% || DATE: 23 SEPT 2011 • When only 4 doses remain the display will additionally show DOS 04. After this dose has been dispensed DOS 03, DOS 02, DOS 01 and finally DOS 00 will be displayed in sequence with the DATE and CLOCK • When the battery capacity is less than 20%, LOWBATT will be displayed in sequence with the DATE and CLOCK Other data:
• Dimensions Length 190mm
Width 180mm Height 56mm .
Weight 390g excl. batteries 490g incl. batteries .
Volume Approx 10ml per compartment .
Power supply 6V 4 x 1.5V Alkaline batteries or 4 x 1.2v rechargeable NiMH batteries .
Battery life > 1 year.
Maximum daily alarms 24
The Pivotell® Advance GSM dispenser is the same size as the Pivotell Advance.
Pivotell® Advance GSM Automatic Pill Dispenser
- Brands Pivotel
- Product Code: PIV3110
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £195.00